Sunday, March 28, 2010

How Steve and Christine met (Steve's Perspective)

In the spring of 1992 (like March or April) my roommates told me that they were going up to Bridal Veil Falls with another apartment of girls from our apartment complex. When we got up to Bridal Veil I found out that each of the guys that went were interested in a specific girl that went. So everyone was paired off except for Christine and me. We just sat in the car while everyone else went somewhere else to go and make out. I found out that she was from California. For the most part it was an awkward conversation. My first impression was that she was not my type and that I had no intentions of asking her out on a date and I just had to endure until we went back to the apartment complex.

Over the summer and the next semester I got to know Christine a little better because we played volleyball together at the sand volleyball court at Raintree Apartments. Over this time I had gotten to know her a lot better and found out that she was different than my first impression. I finally asked her out in December. It took me six months to realize that I really did like her a lot.

Our first date was a big group date that a friend of mine (David Moore) from school put together. (Yes, all of my friends were electrical engineers.) We went up to my friends house in Salt Lake City. We went sledding and then had a very interesting dinner. The dinner had no utensils. We had lunch worker gloves on and ate with our hands and our drinks were in zip lock bags. After dinner we watched a movie and then headed back to Provo. And I definitely didn’t kiss Christine on our first date. After our first date I didn’t date any other girls.

No comments: